Friday, June 29, 2007

Well, my projects are rolling along.  I restarted Lauren's socks and the baby blanket for my daughter's sil is coming right along.  I have not had to rip that back. I have a couple of hats ready for seaming already and I'm working on a couple more.  I really need more hands or I need to be able to prioritize my list of things to do.  I still haven't finished my Aran Square Afghan that I started about three years ago.  I need to take time to work on that.  maybe after my darling daughter and grandson move into their own place so that I can count and follow the charts in peace.  I won't say it's more fun, but it's a "not going to last very long" kind of fun to sit and play blocks or read to him. He'll be a big boy soon and I won't be at the top of his list so sometimes the knitting just needs to wait. 

 I had the fun time of running into a rattlesnake in my backyard the other day.  Luckily I was on the stairs and he was on the ground and I startled him enough that he rattled and well... I ran back up the stairs.  Flip flops, shorts and snakes are just not a good combination.  My dear son in law came and shot the snake for me and got rid of it. 

I'll post pics of my socks and Lauren's just as soon as I finish hers.

No comments: