Monday, March 28, 2011

Quick update

It's been a while since I posted and my only excuse is that I have been working on getting property ready for us to move and getting house ready to move. Just this weekend we tore down our back deck, moved a garden bed, pressure washed the back of the house, moved stuff to storage and moved my garden shed to the property. I've already torn down my greenhouse and dug up my rosebushes. It's been busy around here and it will be for a while.
That said, I finished my Wildfoote socks today. Finally! I've also got the woven blanket off the loom and am in the process of finishing the ends of it. Hopefully, that will be complete sometime this week and I will have photos. (I got a new camera. DH lost his and decided that I should get a new one and he would take mine. He's the best.) I'm still working periodically on hats for MT25 and plan to have a dozen or more ready for the winter when they are needed.
I am still working on my commitments to both the "11 minutes a day" and Mission Possible 2011 and I'm in on a contest to not buy more yarn until August. There is a loophole about gift certificates and I have one from Christmas in case I really need it. I'm trying to just use what I have though. I'll let you know how I'm doing. As it is I have enough yarn and fiber to last me for well over two years without buying more. There is a lot that is acrylic in colors that I wouldn't have bought. It was given to me and I'm making it work. I will probably give some more of it away soon. No sense in letting it go to waste.

Monday, March 14, 2011

The loss of knitting time

I've not made much progress on my knitting in the last two weeks. I had to rip out Blueberry Pi and start over again. That was no fun and I haven't even made it back to where I was when I ripped. I have two pair of socks on the needles, but not making much progress on them right now. There are too many other things I need to get done.

I've torn down my little makeshift greenhouse that has served me well over the last five years or so and I'm emptying the raised garden beds so that I can tear them down too. There is some
progress being made on the property front. It has gone from being overgrown like this...

to looking more like this. This is a picture of where we intend to put our mobile home. It will go behind that live oak with the curving branches in the picture.
This is kind of a sideways view of the property. I'm standing on the edge of the driveway looking toward the southern end of the property. It goes to past that pile of brush in the middle of the picture. There is more property behind where I am standing. About a third the length that is in this picture. There's a lot to do so I'm off to do some of it.