On to something you might care about or maybe not, but it's what's been going on lately.
The 2010 Mission Possible list:
- Momof4’s Black and White on the loom now.completed 1/20/2010
- Momof4’s Everlasting Blanket over 500 squares so about 2/3 done.
- Bella’s socks. completed 1/21/2010
- Momof4’s Scraps no More barely started. I have about 24" and am aiming for about 60
- Momof4’s MT25 hats I want to get at least 12 done this year. #10 complete. I have one hat that needs seaming and one on the machine.
- Einstein coat from the yarn I got for Christmas Bottom complete and bodice started.
- Landscape Shawl also from yarn for Christmas
- Aiden’s socks started 1/21/2010, completed 2/12/2010
- Heather’s socks One sock done and one at the halfway point.
- Dishcloth Baby Blanket
- 2 Woven scarves 1 completed 3/13/2010. Pink cotton shawl/scarf on loom for granddaughter.
I got my car out of the shop last week and was happy to have it back. There was a bit of work that needed doing. Most of that work was maintenance. Some things just need to be done when your car has 104,000 miles on it. If you don't do said maintenance work, you get stuck on the side of the road and if you're smart you saw it coming when that happens. Cars won't go forever without someone taking care of them. (neither will anything else really)
Okay, so I have three knitting machines, a vase full of knitting needles, more than a closet full of yarn (most of which no one would give me a nickel for),one loom with another in my sights now, and I really need to know why I'm looking at Spindles and fiber. I don't spin. I don't need to spin. I don't have room for more fibery stuff. That is a slippery slope that I don't need to be on. Nuff said.
I still don't have the Purple Cardigan seamed up. Why? Just can't bring myself to do it. The measurements are correct according to the schematic. I really need to pin it together and try it on to make sure it will fit before I seam it up. It should. I should just go ahead and make myself do it. I wonder if I haven't because I didn't put it on the "list" for this year so it won't count toward my 12 items finished. That's not a good reason not to finish something. I could just add it to the list and have 13 things finished. okay. This week. Seam sweater. I'll report back and let you know if I actually did it.
No new pictures. I should get out camera and take some. I should finish something to take pictures of.
Gardening news to come. Soon I hope. I want some fresh vegetables.