Monday, February 11, 2013

Posting is my nemesis

I can't believe that I haven't written in over five months.  My life has been busy.  I have a new grand baby on the way.  I've spent time knitting, spinning, gardening, and visiting family and friends.My local yarn store recently got sold.  I haven't been in since the store changed owners and names but I did some damage when they thought they were closing for good.  Elmer went with me and told me to fill my basket (repeatedly).






  I got yarn for sweaters for me, yarn to make hats for MT25 for the next couple of years, and yarn for monsters for my daughter's class.

I read a story (Annie and the Swiss Cheese Scarf) to the kindergarten class that my daughter teaches, went on field trips with the daughter that home schools her children, and visited friends at my favorite not so local yarn store Knitting Today.

I've started the plants for this years garden.  I'm going to have broccoli, cauliflower, cabbage, tomatoes, asparagus, bell peppers, cucumbers, onions, garlic, strawberries, lettuce, spinach, beans, squash, zucchini, and eggplant.  Hopefully, my peach and apple trees will produce this year, but it's still early for them so I'm not holding my breath. I only planted them last year.

I recently started a new sweater for myself. I'm knitting it from Elsebeth Lavold Silky Wool. I'm looking forward to a nice spring sweater.



I hope it fits like I expect.  I guess we will see in a few weeks.







I also plan to knit a cardigan or two for the fall weather.

I'm still spinning on my Ladybug and loving it.  I need to start using some of my handspun.  Soon I hope.
Maybe I can manage at least one post a month this year from here on out.  We will see.



No comments: