Tuesday, January 8, 2008

Checking in

Seems like it's been forever since I posted.  I've been knitting and reading and attached to Ravelry.  Boy does that take up some time.  I've made socks for my two granddaughters and for their cousin (on the other side of their family). I've picked up a sweater in navy blue that I started several years ago from EZ's Knitting Without Tears.  It was to be for the oldest granddaughter but by the time it's finished I don't know who will be wearing it.  It's too small for her now.  Maybe her cousin or her little sister.  I guess we'll see.  I'd take it apart and start over, but there's not enough yarn to make it in a larger size and since I don't know what the yarn is anymore I can't match it. 

I need to start on the Monkey socks for myself that are on my list of "to do's" and I want to make soap sacks and matching washcloths for Christmas for some of the women in my life.  I also want to make the mini sweaters for ornaments for the tree for next year and I think they'd be cute tied to the ribbons on the packages.  My darling husband also informed me that he really needs new slippers so I guess I need to start those too.  And rats, I still have to finish (yeah right, who am I kidding?) my Aran sqaure afghan that I started several years ago. Oh, and I promised an evening wrap to someone for this year. 

Hmmm, looking at that list... 1 pr of socks, 10 soap sacks and washcloths (at last count) at least 10 of the mini sweaters, 1 pr slippers, 1 sweater, 1 wrap,and at least 8 more sqaures (I think it's more) for an afghan.... how many items is that so far for this year...42 I think if I  count the squares separately.  Yikes... I better get off here and get busy.  I'll try to update the progress here as I finish items, but I admit here and now that I don't think I'll finish the afghan this year.  Can someone clone me, please? If the other me could do the housework, etc., I could get all the knitting done.

No comments: