Monday, May 14, 2007

Life and knitting

It's quiet here today, so far at least.  It's my anniversary and I will spend it alone since DH has to work and is working out of town.  We're counting down the days til vacation though.  Two weeks together with no kids and hopefully no worries.  Of course since we live in hurricane alley as we affectionately call it, we will be watching the weather.  Kids (who aren't really kids anymore) will be watching over the house and the plants.

I have completed almost 60 hats for my Caps for Kids project.  I'm working on socks by hand and they are coming right along.  I have several dishcloths complete and I'm thinking about what to do with the Eros Extreme that I bought because I was seduced.  It's a wide ribbon yarn that will make a gorgeous scarf or maybe a lacy vest to wear over something.  We'll see what finally comes of it.

Mostly right now I'm thinking about what I'm going to do with my redecorating/remodeling project.  I have to replace my carpet and I'm leaning toward laminate flooring because I like the look.  Youngest daughter is looking for a place so I may start in that room and see how it goes.  New paint throughout and maybe new cabinets and appliances  in the kitchen.  We'll see how that goes.


Tags:

No comments: