Tuesday, February 15, 2011

It's a pair of socks (and a half)

It's the day after Valentines day and things have changed since my last blog post. We made an offer on a different piece of property since there were some issues with the first piece. The sellers of the second piece accepted our offer and it's now in the hands of an attorney to get ready for closing in three weeks. This piece is slightly smaller and has a lot less pine trees. I'm happy about that. We will still have a lot of clearing to do and some other work before we can move our house to it, but I'm feeling like things will go pretty well.
I finished the first pair of Regia socks that I was working on and they match nicely. I'm glad. I hope the child that they are for likes them too.

Then I started a pair of ankle socks for my grandson. He likes his socks short so I thought I'd make use of the rest of the Regia and fix him up.
My grandchildren seem to keep track of who got what last a lot better than I do.
I'm still working on the Wildfoote socks for myself and hope to finish them in the next week or so.
I'm still working on my spinning, but there is not much progress to show so I didn't take another picture. No one would have been able to tell any progress was made at all. I tried to spin on my spindle in the car while my husband was driving yesterday and I could spin as long as I went with the park and draft method. There just wasn't enough room for me to get the suspended spinning going. It was worth a try. It made me want to buy a Spindolyn, but so far I am holding out. I own three spindles now and don't really think I need another at this time.
My plan for my time in Dallas is to finish both pair of socks I have on the needles and start my Pi shawl. I also have some hats that need to be seamed for MT25. All of these things are on my Mission Possible 2011 list. I brought my LK150 with me and will try to make some more hats while I'm here and also do some spinning. I think this will cover my 11 minutes a day easily.
I will start hitting the exercise room tomorrow morning and try to get in at least 30 minutes a day while I'm here. There is no snow on the ground right now and I hope it stays that way.

No comments: