Saturday, October 10, 2009

My very own yarn crawl

So, being in the Dallas area I had to visit a yarn store or two. I'd already been to Yarn Heaven in Arlington last weekend. Yesterday DH spent the day driving me around the area and visiting yarn shops. I did a little shopping at The Shabby Sheep and thoroughly enjoyed the shop. From there we went north to Plano and had a visit to The Woolie Ewe where I did a little more shopping and was overwhelmed by the shop and the friendliness of the people in the store. It was very busy as they had classes beginning to start. I will go back when I visit the area again. We also made a stop at Yarn and Stitches on our way back to the hotel. I got sock yarn at all three shops yesterday and will have busy hands for a while. I got Cascade Sassy Stripes in shade 714 and 761 at Yarn and Stitches, a skein of OnLine Linie 2 in color 109, Malabrigo sock in color 857 (light of love), and Fleece Artist Merino 2/6 in Ronda at Shabby Sheep and then some Regia Flusi das Sockenmonster in colorways 1801 and 1802 and some Elsebeth Lavold Cable Cotton in color 19 at the Woolie Ewe. The Cable Cotton was on sale for $1.00 a ball and I couldn't pass it up.
I might have to make another Krista out of the Cable Cotton. The Sassy Stripes is for socks for the DH and the Malabrigo is for my daughter. (Shh, don't tell her.) Part of the Regia is for socks for a granddaughter and to go into The Everlasting Blanket. The Fleece Artist is either for another daughter or for myself. I haven't decided yet. It was a fun and exhausting day yesterday.
This morning we went to a Kaboom playground build. We didn't stay for the whole thing because DH had surgery not long ago and shouldn't be lifting anything heavy. I was filthy. It's been raining here for days and the site was a mud pit after all that rain. I hope to drive by and see it after it's finished. I'm sure it will be much nicer when it's all together.
Time for some rest for DH and then a trip to replace the sneakers that got destroyed during the build this morning.

No comments: