Monday, March 9, 2009

Has Spring Sprung?

I made a stop on the way home from church yesterday to get some plants for my pots. My porch now has some color. I bought a pot of daisies, some snapdragons, some pansies, petunias and some geraniums. It's nice to have a little color out there. The trees are starting to bud out here and leaves must surely be coming soon. I can sit on my back porch and watch the birds eating from the bird feeder in the back yard. It's a little like feeding teenagers. They can go through a lot of food.
On the knitting front I am on the third pair of the socks for my granddaughters. They are coming along slowly. I've worked some on my sock yarn blanket. It's a good thing I was planning on it being a long term project.
There isn't much else going on right now. I still need to do another sleeve for the pink sweater and do the collar and bands. Pictures as soon as I get it together.
I'm making good progress on my stashdown goal. Other than the yarn for the granddaughters socks I didn't buy anything in February and I'm working from skeins 3 and 4 of the five I bought so it won't be hanging around for long at this rate. So many projects, so little time.

No comments: