Saturday, August 25, 2007

Projects in progress, etc.

I have, in the last 10 days, gotten about 2/3 of the way through the puddle jumpers sweater that I'm working on for my youngest granddaughter.  I also got pictures of the socks that I made for the other granddaughter and I which I will post over the next few days.

I'm ready to start the shawl that I bought yarn for back in June at the IWannaKnit Retreat.  I just need to wind my Fino into a ball so it doesn't get tangled in the bag. I have to graft my sideways socks, but other than that they are complete.  I know, I know, you can't wear them until they are grafted so they aren't really complete.  Hey, the knitting is done.

I heard recently that one of my favorite haunts in the city of Mobile is closing.  The Yarnhaus is shutting down next month.  My darling DH said first thing that we need to head over there.  I don't have room to store any more supplies so that's out of the question.  Rats.

I'm still working on the room that my youngest daughter vacated.  I have the walls painted and most of the carpet has been pulled up.  I still have to paint the doors and the trim and then get the flooring in and put baseboards in.  Then it's on to window treatments and bedding for the bed in the room.  And a toy box for the grandbabies toys.  There is a huge difference already though.  No more Winnie the Pooh (what daughter themed the room when pregnant) and a much more gender and age neutral palette.

No comments: