Thursday, January 1, 2009

To switch or not to switch

That would be the question if it didn't take me longer to download one podcast to my new IPod Touch than it takes to listen to three of them while knitting. As soon as I can afford to do it I'm going to check into DSL. Let me just say that this may not happen. Something about the fact that I'm eligible BUT (and isn't there always a but) if the lines have a splice or some such thing or I'm too far from some place I need to be then I can't get DSL after all. I refuse to pay (and can't afford to even if I was willing) what they want for sattelite internet and I can't get cable internet where I am because I can't even get cable where I am. Wouldn't be bad if I didn't like to stay connected to the world in general and the knitting world on a regular basis. Well, now that that particular rant is off my mind I can move on...
I finished another hat for Caps for Kids and I swatched some Classic Elite Flash that I got at one of my favorite places, Natchez Needlearts. Not long after I did the swatch (which hasn't been treated yet so I don't know if I have enough for the tank for me or if it's destined to become a t for my granddaughter) I heard on Ravelry that the store had closed it's doors. Now I only get there about twice a year and I know they couldn't count on me to keep them in the black, but it was one of my favorite yarn stores and one of my favorite places to visit in Natchez. I'm a little bummed. I also feel like I'm in jeopardy of losing my other semi-local yarn stores in this economy. I hope not, but I know that they can't count on me to keep them in the black either if I'm going to keep us from being too far in the red.
2009 is a year for me to drop some pounds from my body. Luckily, my recent check up said that things were really good. Cholesterol, blood pressure, blood sugar, kidney function, thyroid...everything they checked, including the mammogram. Got to love the annual "compression test". It's also a year to whittle down the stash of acrylic yarn that I have been given and to whittle down what bills and debt I can.
Happy New Year everyone.

No comments: