Wednesday, November 5, 2008

Catching Up and Looking Ahead

I finished a pair of mittens for my youngest granddaughter and have started a pair for my grandson. I had to do it. When I gave my oldest granddaughter her mittens a couple of weeks ago the youngest one sat down and held up her little hands and just looked from them to me. As I was working on hers my grandson asked me what I was making. I say "Mittens for Kaity." He says "Mine next?" How do you resist that? I don't. I just try to figure out how to fit one more thing in my list of things to do.
Now I've joined a group on Ravelry to do a stashdown for 2009. I start in January and plan on having 52 hats done for the beginning of June in case I get to go to IWannaKnit (also uses lots of yarn for 52 hats) for the annual donation for Caps for Kids. I also have 4 pair of socks to complete by June and I want to do two more squares on my Great American Aran Afghan.
That should knock out about 60 skeins of yarn if I can keep up.
I also want to practice more on my Artisan 45B machine. I did part of the grandson's first mitten by knitting in the round on that machine. Once I figured out (again) how to do the circular knitting I was on a roll and it speeded up the process for that mitten.
I spent a little time today practicing plating on my LK150. Totally cool, although I'm not sure what I'd use it for. Maybe knit at a larger gauge for felted mittens? Hmm, something to think about.
I wish I had been able to go to KnittingToday to do the ribber intensive course with Mary Anne Oger. I hear a good time was had by all and that the learning was indeed intense. I could have used that.
Now I need to go spend some time sorting and deciding what yarn to use for hats and get the knitting room more organized. Not that it would take much to make it more organized since organization is not my strong suit apparently.
Wish me luck and happy knitting everyone.

No comments: