Tuesday, February 8, 2011

Random knitting and spinning

It's been an interesting few days around here. I finally finished the second baby blanket. I'm so glad it's done. It's for the daughter of an old high school friend who is expecting twins and I was wondering if I was going to make it before she had the babies. The blanket was a lot of work on my Lk150 because of all the hand manipulation involved.














I am halfway through a pair of socks for an honorary grandson.















I started a pair of socks for myself in Brown Sheep's Wildfoote. This pair will just be a vanilla pair that I can work on in the car as I travel next week. Those two pair of socks are on my Mission Possible 2011 list.














On top of that I have been doing some spinning and I still like it as much as I did when I started. I am making slow, but steady progress on my fiber.






If all goes as planned, we will be closing on a piece of property on Friday. It will be an interesting few months while we get it cleared and ready for our mobile home to be moved there. The pine trees have got to go. I've seen first hand how easily they snap in even moderately high winds and I really don't want a tree in the middle of my roof or on top of my car. There is a pretty nice magnolia that I will keep and I heard that there are some fruit trees on the property. It's really overgrown and needs some work. We have a friend who is just waiting to take a crack at it. I will have to save some money for a riding mower because I can't see me mowing three acres with a push mower. I've never driven a riding mower so that will be interesting.
I'm deciding what to take with me to Dallas next week and I will take the spinning from the photo above along with both pair of socks that I'm currently working on and the Pi shawl that I want to start. I'm thinking about taking my first handspun along to make myself a cowl with. That would add two more things in progress on my Mission Possible 2011 list. ( I see a pattern here.)
I'll let you know how it's going on the knitting front as well as with the property.
I am a little bummed about not having a garden this year, but the possibilities for next year are making me smile.

No comments: