Thursday, August 30, 2007

Ramble, progress on sweater

Wow, time flies.  I should be doing about a dozen things right now other than updating the blog.  I'm almost finished painting the trim in the spare room. I might actually finish today.  Wouldn't that be nice. 

I have to finish sewing granddaughter's puddle jumpers sweater and find the perfect buttons to go on the front of it.  Picture soon I hope.  I'll be doing some visiting this weekend so I probably won't get too much done on it except in truck while DH is driving.  And even then I might opt for starting on the shawl that's patiently waiting for me to begin.

I still need to rework my craft room so that I have everything in a spot where I can find it easily and actually get to it when I know where it is.

Maybe it's time to give up the beading.  I suppose I'm my own worst critic and as much as I'd like to do it I just don't seem to have the ambition to sit and work at it.  Not like I'll sit with my knitting or work on the scrapbooking.  So maybe that's not the hobby for me.  It would free up a little room, but not much.  I didn't collect much stuff for it.

Of course, if I knit up enough charity hats I will clear out some room too.  There is an abundance of yarn in the craft room that is in colors that I'm not that fond of. (It was given to me and I'm not complaining)  I did sixty hats last year and hope to do more this year.  As soon as I finish the redecorating of the guest room I will make time to work on those and maybe some mittens to take to granddaughter's school for the kids in need there.  Hard to think of mittens when it's so hot here now, but I know that the time will come and how fast can I work them up really.

Off to work on painting.  Maybe I'll do before and after shots when I finish the room.

No comments: